Kinesiologists are “human movement specialists”. At Progression Muscle Bone and Joint, our Kinesiologists provide unique and valuable services contributing to your health care and treatment.
Kinesiology is the scientific study of human movement, performance and function – also known as human kinetics. Kinesiology applies the science of anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, psychology and neuroscience to human movement and function. Kinesiology employs evidence-based scientific research and assessment to assist in the prevention and rehabilitation of injury, lifestyle diseases and other physiological conditions, along with the enhancement of human performance, in environments such as work and sport.
We can work closely with you to:
- prevent and treat illness or injury through appropriate exercise testing and prescription;
- improve your physical performance in sport, work and activities of daily living;
- oversee the implementation of your individual health care plan;
- assess workplace demands and provide workplace design services (ergonomics) in prevention and recovery from injury; and
- provide support in rehabilitation and wellness management.
Our kinesiologists work as part of your treatment team at Progression to ensure you receive integrated best-practices care for safe and effective treatment.